Kelowna, British Columbia is a paradise for wine lovers, with over 40 wineries in the region. From family-owned boutique wineries to large commercial vineyards, Kelowna has something for everyone. In this article, we have rounded up the top ten wineries in Kelowna that you must visit.
- Mission Hill Family Estate Winery: Mission Hill is a world-renowned winery with a stunning estate that overlooks Lake Okanagan. With its award-winning wines, unique architecture, and breathtaking views, Mission Hill is a must-visit for wine lovers.
- Quails’ Gate Winery: Quails’ Gate is one of the oldest and most established wineries in the Okanagan Valley. This family-owned and operated winery produces exceptional Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and other varietals, and its Old Vines Foch is a must-try.
- CedarCreek Estate Winery: CedarCreek is another iconic winery in Kelowna that has been producing award-winning wines since the 1980s. The winery’s stunning tasting room and picturesque vineyards make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Tantalus Vineyards: Tantalus Vineyards is a boutique winery that focuses on producing small-batch, high-quality wines. The winery’s Riesling and Chardonnay are among the best in the region, and its tasting room offers stunning views of the surrounding vineyards.
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery: Summerhill Pyramid Winery is known for its organic and biodynamic farming practices and its iconic pyramid-shaped tasting room. The winery produces a wide range of varietals, including sparkling wine, and its Cipes Brut is a fan favorite.
- The Hatch: The Hatch is a unique winery that combines exceptional wine with art, music, and culture. The winery’s tasting room is a work of art in itself, and its wines, including the Screaming Frenzy Meritage, are not to be missed.
- Sandhill Wines: Sandhill Wines is a small-batch winery that produces some of the best wines in Kelowna. The winery’s terroir-driven approach and commitment to sustainability have won it many awards, including the prestigious Canadian Winery of the Year award.
- St. Hubertus & Oak Bay Estate Winery: St. Hubertus & Oak Bay Estate Winery is a family-owned and operated winery that produces some of the best Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir in the region. The winery’s tasting room offers stunning views of the vineyards and Okanagan Lake.
- Indigenous World Winery: Indigenous World Winery is a unique winery that celebrates Indigenous culture and history. The winery produces a range of varietals, including its award-winning Hee-Hee-Tel-Kin Red Blend, and its tasting room is adorned with Indigenous art and artifacts.
- House of Rose Winery: House of Rose Winery is a charming, family-owned winery that has been producing exceptional wines for over 25 years. The winery’s Pinotage and Gewürztraminer are among the best in the region, and its tasting room offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
In conclusion, Kelowna is home to some of the best wineries in Canada, and these ten wineries are a must-visit for any wine lover. From world-renowned estates to small-batch boutique wineries, Kelowna has something for everyone. So, grab a glass of your favorite varietal and explore the beautiful vineyards of Kelowna, British Columbia.